Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ty's lucky shirt

If any of you know my little boy Ty, you know that pajamas are his clothing of choice. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate comfort just as much as the next person. But when I say he likes Pj's I mean seriously has a liking for Pj's. Someimtes, sneeking them under his church clothes. Or, will turn down going to the store with me or playing with a friend because he knows that I will make him get dressed. Really, a bit O.C.D.ish, yes, I know. The other day we were getting ready to go somewhere. I gently broke the news to him that we were going to have to actually wear daytime clothing so that we could leave the house. I followed him to his room to see if there were any shirts that I could talk him into. I allready know the rules:
1. No collars
2. No long sleeves
3. No layering shirts
4. Long pants preferred
5. Plain T's preferred
Yes, it is very hard for me, being a mother who finds joy in the fashion of her children. So I start looking for something that fits all the criteria that won't cause too much of a fight. I see a brown T shirt that I remember he approves of. "look Ty, you can wear this!" "OK!" he says, "that is my lucky shirt!" And presto- dressed in a flash.
Later that day Ty had gone "#2" and was yelling for me to come assist in the wiping area. So I go in the bathroom, do my favorite mommy duty, then done.
"Only one wipe?" Ty asks curiously. "Yup. Only one wipe" I reasured. "One wipe and you're done?" "Yes, Ty. One wipe and totally done."
"See mom, I knew this was my lucky shirt."

1 comment: