Thursday, July 23, 2009

Brotherly Love

Ever since Kamdynn was born Ty really hasn't quite taken a liking to her. She, on the other hand, thinks Ty is the coolest person she knows. I have tried to use the passing of my big brother as a teaching instrument for my kids. One day I sat them down and had a long talk with them about how they need to love each other and not say things that they will one day regret...Like how I can't give my brother a hug and tell him I love him anymore. I tried to tell Ty that when Kamdynn says that he looks handsome or that she loves him he should say she looks pretty, or that he loves her too, because there might come a day when he wishes he could say it and not have a chance to. Yesterday as they were playing I overheard a conversation that reconfirmed that they were actually listening:
Kamdynn: "I love you Ty."
Ty: (long silent pause) Sigh..."I love you too Kamdynn....(another long silent pause)..."but you sure are irritating."

1 comment:

  1. I wish so much I could hear the words "I love you" from my brother. I don't recall really hearing it but I know he loves me and he is always looking over me.
    Big hugs Trisha!

    ReplyDelete