Sunday, May 24, 2009

There is nothing wrong with bribery for a little quiet time.

So a friend of mine (Abbi) was traveling with her kids. (I hear this can be pretty stressful, so I avoid all possible melt downs by limiting my trips out with the kids to preschool pick up and diaper runs. After all, I wouldn't want my little boy to EX me out. *See entry #2) In a desperate attempt to travel in peaceful silence she stopped to buy her little girl (Livie) a toy to keep her preoccupied during the drive. Being the Barbie lover that she is, she chose a Barbie head set. You know, the kind Justin Timberlake often sports during a concert? Well, on this particular head set "Barbie" talks to you through the ear piece and you talk back through the mouthpiece. Just to really put a damper on all future plans of peaceful quiet that her mother had so looked forward to, she would push the "talk" button over and over and over. Thus, all her poor mom heard was "lets dance! Lets Dance!" Well Abbi obviously had to put this to a quick end. Abbi sweetly told to Livie to "put the D?*! toy down or else I'm going to take it away!" type of thing.....when wouldn't you just know it, about 30 seconds later she hears that little Devil Barbie persuasively call out "LETS DANCE!" Little Livie just about jumped out of her three year old skin as she hurried to rectify the situation by quickly leaning down and whispering in the mouth piece "I can't right now....my mom won't let me!" And this my friend, is a prime example of bribery at it's finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment